Volunteer as an Animal Carer
Volunteering with us can make a huge difference to the lives of our animals but with so many animals to care for we need a big team of regular volunteers.
We ask that our volunteers commit to at least 1 day per week volunteering with us which will be in the mornings due to the animal's routine. Most Animal Carer roles are for 2-3 hours between 9am and 1pm (times are fairly flexible).
Main Duties of the role
- Helping to maintain the welfare of all animals in the care of the rescue
- Cleaning out animal enclosures/cages
- Providing food and water
- Cleaning bowls, water and feed buckets
- Providing enrichment activities
- Helping generally to keep the rescue clean and tidy
Required Skills or experience
- No special skills required (but experience always welcome)
- Gentleness, common sense and love of animals
- Ability to work unsupervised
What you will get from volunteering with us
- Relevant training suitable to the role undertaken
- Animal care and handling knowledge and experience
- Lots of tail wags and cuddles!
Some error has occured.