Volunteer as an Animal Carer
Volunteering with us can make a huge difference to the lives of our animals but with so many animals to care for we need a big team of regular volunteers.
We ask that our volunteers commit to at least 1 day per week volunteering with us which will be in the mornings due to the animal's routine. Most Animal Carer roles are for 2-3 hours between 9am and 1pm (times are fairly flexible).
Main Duties of the role
- Helping to maintain the welfare of all animals in the care of the rescue
- Cleaning out animal enclosures/cages
- Providing food and water
- Cleaning bowls, water and feed buckets
- Providing enrichment activities
- Helping generally to keep the rescue clean and tidy
Required Skills or experience
- No special skills required (but experience always welcome)
- Gentleness, common sense and love of animals
- Ability to work unsupervised
What you will get from volunteering with us
- Relevant training suitable to the role undertaken
- Animal care and handling knowledge and experience
- Lots of tail wags and cuddles!
If this sounds like the role that you're looking for please complete the application form below and we'll be in touch (within 14 days)
Some error has occured.